- Crisis line 24/7
The telephone intervention serves as a first contact to address the crsis. The line is also used as follow-up for individuals who need additional support. The crisis line is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year. It is available to people in distress as well as their support network including loved ones or professionals who want to refer a client.
- Crisis intervention in the community 24/7
An on-site crisis intervention makes it possible to intervene in the community and evaluate the help request(s) and to possibly resolve the crisis on the spot.
- Short term housing 24/7
- 1. With the necessary help and support, the Crisis Center allows for the person to take a step back from their living environment and to regain control of their means. The West Island Crisis Center offers the support of skilled and qualified personnel 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Eight short term housing places are available.
- The transitional apartment recreates autonomous living conditions. Supervision is carried out according to the needs of the client. This service allows to estimate the capacity of the residents to function independently by allowing them to live the transition between a more structured living environment and a return to the community. Three places are available and the length of stay varies according to the evaluation.
We are able to accommodate people with reduced mobility, including those using a wheelchair.
- Short term post-crisis follow-up
The short-term post-crisis follow-up, allows the person to strengthen and to further utilize their achievements in order to reduce the likelihood of a relapse.
- Reference to community institutions and organizations where applicable
Services for professionals
Should you need to consult, do not hesitate to contact us:
- We will explore with you the situation you are facing;
- We will validate your intervention and your assumptions;
- We will provide you with the necessary references if needed.
In addition, we regularly receive visits from groups of students or professionals wishing to learn more about the services we offer.
For more information, call 514-684-6160.